Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What do i actually do?

My website;
www.leekelly.tv
was set up to display some of my photographic work from the past few years. It was a long time coming but finally got it up and running.
People who dont know me well (or at all) may be interested to know what my 'day job' is. I have been working as a sound recordist on tv commercials and films etc for the best part of a decade now. Im the guy who holds the big fluffy microphone. Dont laugh, its actually a really good job. Im freelance so dont work all that often but that allows me to chase waves and shoot photos so its the perfect gig.
I have worked with a bunch of famous people over the years and some names which people find interesting include;
U2 (the band)
Janet Jackson
Ricky Martin
Hugh Jackman
and many more Australian and international stars. I try not to get too caught up in all that hype but some find it fascinating.
In recent years my two careers have morphed and worked as one. I was hired to work on 'Storm Surfers'

a Discovery Chanel big wave surfing doco staring Ross Clarke Jones and Tom Carroll. We did two episodes and had a crazy adventure each time.
I have also recently worked on a feature film by director Adam Blaiklock, called 'Caught Inside'. I was the sound recordist but also my surf photography skills were called apon to shoot all the water/surfing scenes. When i have release dates ill be sure to post the trailer etc.
O'neill wetsuits have used me on their 'Coldwater Classic' series shoots in Tasmania. We made mini webisodes and a 1hour doco about the event and the region of Tasmania where we shot. Good fun.
Macario De Sousa ('Bra Boys' co-director) has been flatout making another doco featuring Mark Mathews and his best mate Richie Vass. I wore a couple of different hats on this project, including recording sound and shooting a couple of key scenes for the film which has been great fun. Again when we have release dates ill be posting teasers etc so stay tuned.
Most of my work is in tv commercials and that seems to suit my personality the best. Its usually in and out quite quickly and do the job and enjoy the rest of the time doing whatever i like. No long term commitments leaves me free to travel and shoot photos.
So thats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment